Ian,
  Perhaps you're already aware, but the 'Gazetteer of Cleveland
Ironstone Mines', S.K Chapman, 1976 and 'Catalogue of Cleveland
Ironstone Mines', Peter Tuffs, 1996 both contain brief details of this
mine.
  The Geological Memoir, The Jurassic Rocks of Britain, Vol.1,
Yorkshire, may also contain details.
  Have you approached the Cleveland Industrial Archaeology Society ?  It
may be worth joining them.
  Please contact me off list if you want further details.

Regards

   Mike

Ian Pearce wrote:

> Dear All,
>             I am interested in the above workings which were started in
> about 1864 by J Snowden & co . The works were short lived , passing to
> other owners and eventually disposed of in 1874 . I live in one of the
> miners cottages in Anglers Quarters ( formerly Irish Row ) and would be
> very greatfull for any information regarding the mine , the blast furnaces
> and the cottages .
>             Being something of a novice regarding research into these
> matters I would welcome any suggestion as to where to look for information
> . I know that some local people have maps , plans & documents but would
> appear to prefer to keep them under wraps .
>             Many thanks.......Ian Pearce

Michael P. Munro

64 Bron Awelon, Garden Suburb, Barry,
South Glamorgan, Wales, UK  CF62 6PS.
   Tel:  (Home)  01446 748690   (Work)  01446 723908
E-mail:  (Home)  [log in to unmask]
         (Work)  [log in to unmask]

Home Page http://www.mike.munro.cwc.net