I visited the Snailbeach lead mining complex last weekend for the first
time and although it is obvious that a great deal has been done there I
was a disappointed to see how little has been done in the way of
signage.

There is a good information board in the car park but individual
buildings etc have no signs telling the visitor their functions.  It's
fine for the experienced visitor but it must be totally confusing to
someone who doesn't know a smelt mill from an adit.

I'm glad to see lottery cash being spent in such a good cause though.

Felix Oliver-Tasker