From: Ishbel Kargar <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; Midwifery Research <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 02 September 1999 11:57
Subject: Fw: breech presentation and home births

From: [log in to unmask]>Laura Middleton-Green
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: 02 September 1999 11:06
Subject: breech presentation and home births

My baby is currently presenting breech, and I am booked in for a home birth.  There is obviously still time for it to turn, but if it doesn't, my midwife says I am no longer permitted to have a home birth.

Is this the case?  Are there any independent midwives who would consider breech birth insufficient grounds for a hospital transfer?

I would really really appreciate your help in this, as I don't know where I stand.

Yours in faith,

Laura