Hi All. Yvonda here and very glad to be so. I am a Florida Licensed Midwife and a Certified Professional Midwife with the North American Registry of Midwives. I am also a 20 year nurse.

Currently, I have a small home birth practice in central Florida. I have attended births at home, in birth center and in hospital. I am told that I am one of the first, if not the first, direct-entry midwife in the USA in recent history to have a hospital-based practice with medical staff privileges. I disclose this because of the unbelievable learning experience it provided, not because I think it is necessarily a positive experience or an envious or desirable position to be in.

My areas of special interest are proper charting and documentation for statistics gathering and peer review as well as quality improvement issues in midwifery practice. What keeps me going and practicing is an acute awareness of the awesome spiritualness and holiness of birth. I consider myself a servant to this earth holding a high office and am humbled by the inconceivable responsibility of it all!

Love and Blessings,
Yvonda
'Tis better to remain silent and momentarily be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt for eternity.