Dear readers,

I need help critically appraising some research that
is influencing management of prom here on the sunshine
coast and indeed throughtout QLD.

The research is seemingly a re-working of the well
respected PROM trial 1997.  The re-working involves
reducing the description of term pregnancy to 35
completed weeks rather than the standard 37 weeks, and
then re-evaluating the prom recommendations and
incorparating haemalytic strep.b. incidences which are
more prevelant because of the reduction of gestational
age.  Thus resulting in "justifying such
interventionist action.
The NHRMC is moving that all Queensland hospitals
adopt this policy guideline.

Please can someone e-mail me privately so I can send a
scanned copy of the document to be reviewed by someone
more research critical.  It must be wrong!!!

?Up your street Nikki leap or other research fellows.

With love and peace and anticipation

NIGEL

=====
>From Cathy Bock and Nigel Duncan.
            at
BIRTHING HANDS (Homebirth, ante/post natal care and hospital support)
0414 886827 or 0414 554840
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE ENTER FOLLOWING OR SEARCH FOR BIRTHING HANDS.
http://www.homestead.com/birthinghands/BIRTHINGHANDS1.html