Diony, I have only ever come across excerpts from Englemann's book.
As with all possible midwifery interventions fundal pressure may have an
appropriate value in some circumstances. Would it not be better to do
research on this hands-on activity and if proven safe and useful educate
midwives in its application? I would feel more at ease at approaching that
practice in this way rather than using scarce NHS resources connected to
testing  a "new beaut" gadget.

I know that Novatrix is financing the research but as an example of the use
of other  resources, I have already had to spend rather valuable clinic
contact time with women discussing the project rather than connecting on
more relevant issues in preparation for birthing their babies.

regards,
Kerri-Anne Gifford
Community Midwife