Dear List Members,

Please pass details of the vacancy below to anyone who may be interested.

Apologies if you receive more than one copy of this document.

Regards,

Winstan Bond.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The National Tramway Museum - Collections Information Assistant

Fixed Term Contract for 2 years 6 months - £12,850 p.a.

We are about to embark on the next phase of our Digital Archive project and are seeking an additional staff member to join our library and archive team.

The Collections Information Assistant will undertake the creation of digital resources and produce basic catalogue records from our extensive collection of historic postcards. Good IT skills are essential, while an appreciation of museum documentation issues and a museum or archive qualification would be advantageous.

The successful applicant will also be involved in the implementation of the museum's environmental policy, which will include a variety of collections care duties including auditing and environmental monitoring.

This post is funded by the MGC Designation Challenge Fund.

Please send CV and covering letter ASAP to:

Mr. W. Bond, Head of Library & Archive, The National Tramway Museum,

Crich, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 5DP.

Tel: 01773 852565 Fax: 01773 852326 E-mail: [log in to unmask]