Hello all, and apologies if you've received this twice.

Well it seems that rumours of my departure to sunnier climes were a
little premature, as I am still in not-so-sunny Putney, patiently
awaiting the ponderous machinations of the US immigration department for
my visa.

In the meantime, I am doing some preliminary research into the 3-D
presentation technologies available for use in cultural heritage web
representations.

I know that there are a number of UK museums and other bodies who have,
or are currently acquiring, knowledge and expertise in this area (the
Natural History Museum/SICMA project and some participants in the JIDI
(JISC Image Digitisation Initiative) for example.

I'd be very interested to hear about these and other projects in this
area, so that I can get a quick overview of the current 'state of the
art', and can compile a list of contacts to approach for a more in-depth
and structured survey.

If you know of any relevant projects, I'd be very grateful for any
information you could provide, and in return, will post a brief summary
of the work currently underway in UK museums to the mcg list.

Cheers,

T.
Tony Gill, Consultant
E-mail: [log in to unmask]