David,

There was a paper at ICHIM '97  by Jonathan Broadbent, (CB&J) and Patrizia
Marti  (Univ. of Siena) that looked at usability issues. I have a copy of
the proceedings if you're interested. I remember someone from MSIM taking
part int he discussion following the paper - perhaps they have done some
evaluation on them?

Alice