Maria
Thanks very much for the explanation. I have to confess that I was acting
a bit as devil's advocate in trying to stimulate some discussion on the
MCG list, and picked on the Best of the Web awards simply because, like
the Oscars, they are bound to be decided subjectively, and it is very
topical. I agree that the whole thing needs to be looked at carefully as
more people begin to take it seriously.

Has anyone got any opinions on establishing a UK ("Brits"?) or Europe-wide
equivalent? Maybe we could host the former at the forthcoming MCG meeting
in Hove? The latter would be more appropriately held at
Cannes.....

---
Ian O. Morrison, Scottish Museums Documentation Officer &
SCRAN Data Co-ordinator. http://www2.scran.ac.uk/staff/ianm/
-100,000 lemmings can't be wrong......-