As many of you know, VR News (www.vrnews.com) has a regular monthly column
called "shared worlds".  During the course of the next year, we're going
to be using that column to examine many of the key technical challenges
involved in the creation of multi-user virtual environments.

As part of that process, we're going to be hosting an ongoing discussion
on the sci.virtual-worlds newsgroup.  Each month, the discussion will
focus on a different aspect of multi-user technology, and the comments
posted on the newsgroup will be incorporated into the VR News column
in order to provide a range of opinions and insights.

In order to distinguish the VR News discussion thread from other
threads on the newsgroup, a unique subject-line prefix of "[VRNEWS]"
will be used.  If you're interested in joining in on the discussion,
just watch for that subject line in the newsgroup and feel free to
post your thoughts on the subject being discussed.