Dear all
I'm not sure if this is the right venue for this message - I've only
just signed on here.  If not, please could someone re-direct me?

I have a mystery problem with my modem, a USR 28,800 internal model.
For no apparent reason, it seems to be hanging up in mid-session.  This
can happen whilst collecting e-mail (rarely) or downloading web-pages
(more normally).  It happens with more than one ISP.  I rarely
experience similar difficulties when accessing hosts via Dialplus-type
connection.

I have taken advice from some folks on CompuServe forums, who have
suggested reducing data rate from 57,600 to 38,400 and adding an extra
parameter "&F1&K0" in the settings panel.  These were suggested as
giving extra stability.

Following is an extract from my modemlog.txt file, which contains the
entry for a session which hung on me.  It doesn't mean a thing to me.
Can anyone advise if there is anything in this log which suggests the
nature of the problem?  Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen Adams
Magister Ltd. - Patents Documentation Consultancy

Registered in England and Wales.  Company No. 3407685
Registered address : Canada House, 272 Field End Road, Eastcote,
Ruislip, Middlesex  HA4 9NA.