                  UK Online User Group
           Quarterly Report, 30th January 1999

1. Online 98
UKOLUG provided the Help Desk for the International Online Exhibition
held in London in December. As well as directing visitors and dealing
with technical enquiries, UKOLUG signed up several new members. The
UKOLUG lecture was given by Cynthia Hill, Librarian at Sun
Microsystems USA. The title of her talk  "Beyond Information Chaos:
influencing Intranet development" attracted an audience of
approximately 180 people.

2. Meetings
We have a full program for 1999 including several completely new
courses.  The two meetings for March are now fully booked and a
second day for Bibliographic Software is being organised.

3.Conference
Planning for the UKOLUG conference in the year 2000 is now well under
way. It will be held at Robinson College, Cambridge on 12th-14th July
2000.

4. Management Committee
Shona McTavish has had to resign from the committee because of other
commitments. We are actively seeking someone who will be able to take
on responsibility for legal issues.

5. LA/IIS talks
The UKOLUG committee has responded to the consultative document,
taking into consideration the concerns and issues raised by our
members regarding the future of IIS SIGs within the proposed new
body.

6. Newsletter
Alison McNab has stepped down as editor of the Newsletter. The new
editor is Chris Armstrong.

7. Membership
Membership remains healthy with approximately 900 personal members
and 130 corporate members.

8. Publications
The 20th Birthday Conference Proceedings were published in November
and several new publications are in the pipeline.

Karen Blakeman
UKOLUG Chair