Lis-Ukolug members might be interested to know that I tried the free
Dialogweb dialindex seatrch today only to find that it has been withdrawn.
If you go to www.dialogweb.com you are immediately directed to either logon
or see the training or 'about' pages. I rang the help desk and after some
humming and ha-ing I was grandly told that if we logged on searching the
index would incur no charges. Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the
case as I discovered when I clicked the 'cost' button.

I think this is a huge shame. The old web page gave you a limited search
facility but it was invaluable for making pre-search decisions.

Frank Parry	Academic Librarian
Pilkington Library, Loughborough University
Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU
tel: (44) (0) 1509 222404
email: [log in to unmask]