--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:20:57 +0300 (IDT)
From: barry rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Journal of Turkish Politics and Foreign Policy
Sender: barry rubin <[log in to unmask]>
To: Paul Auchterlonie <[log in to unmask]>

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE CREATION OF A NEW PRINT JOURNAL:

THE JOURNAL OF TURKISH POLITICS AND FOREIGN POLICY

We are pleased to announce the creation of a new journal, THE JOURNAL OF TURKISH POLITICS AND FOREIGN POLICY, to be published by Frank Cass.

As the title implies, the journal will cover issues regarding politics and foreign policy during the era of the Turkish republic. Relevant articles in the fields of political science, international relations, history, economics and others will be considered.

The journal will be edited by Barry Rubin. Associate editors will include:

Prof. Bulent Aras, Fatih University: Reviews and documentation

Prof. Gamze Avce, Bosphorus University: Turkish-European relations

Prof. Ali Carkoglu, Bosphorus University: Elections, voting behavior, political parties, quantitative methodology.

Prof. Bilge Criss, Bilkent University: Modern Turkish history

Prof. Kemal Kirisci, Bosphorus University: Turkish foreign policy toward the Middle East and the United States.

Prof. Sule Kut, Bilge University: Turkish-Balkans policy

The editorial board is still in formation but includes the above-mentioned people and:

Mine Eder, Bosphorus University

Hakan Erdem, Bosphorus University

Metin Heper, Bilkent University

Ersin Kalaycioglu, Bosphorus University

Ali Karaosmanoglu, Bilkent University

Omer Kurkcuoglu, Ankara University

Alan Makovsky, Washington Institute for Near East Policy

Lenore Martin, Harvard University

Gareth Winrow, Bilge University

Currently, we project the following as the first two issues:

Vol. 1 No. 1: Deadline, November 1999, publication March 2000): The New Turkish Foreign Policy in the Post-Cold War Era

Vol. 1 No. 2: Deadline, May 1999, publication September 1999: A Survey on
the Current State of Studies About Turkish Politics and Foreign Policy.

All issues will also include book reviews, documentation, and reviews of recent periodical literature.

We will seek listing in the International Political Science Abstracts, Social Science Index, the Public Affairs Information Service, and other relevant indices.

We welcome your inquiries about subscriptions and will respond with full information on rates and related issues

We believe this will be a successful enterprise and urge all interested to cooperate in making this a useful, original, and exciting venture.

For those interested in receiving more information and/or being put on the
list as prospective subscribers, please write me at:
 Sincerely,

Barry Rubin, Editor

Journal of Turkish Politics and Foreign Policy

--- End Forwarded Message ---

----------------------
Paul Auchterlonie
Librarian for Middle East Studies