Dear all

I have been trying to identify the amount our Trust invests in
providing a Library Service for it's staff, I have added together the
service costs, salary costs (plus on costs) and the running costs for
the Library and divided that figure by our potential user group. This
gives me a figure of £141 expenditure per member of staff for this
financial year.

Has anyone done anything similar?

I would be interested to know what formula you used for calculating
your figure and I would be particularly interested to know how our
outcome compares to other Trusts or other Cancer Institutes.

Also, does anybody know if there are any National Guidelines for
Hospital expenditure on Library Services.

Thank you

Melanie

Melanie Hinde
Medical Librarian
Christie N H S Trust
Wilmslow Road
Withington
Manchester
M20 4BX
Tel: 0161 446 3456
Fax: 0161 446 3454
E.Mail [log in to unmask]
>     "Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace and wit, reminders
of >     order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, The
pleasure they give us is steady, >     reliable, deep and
long-lasting".