Hello

Many thanks to all those members who contributed to the discussion of
alphabetical lists of e-journals. I found it very helpful and it
confirmed my own feelings that alphabetic lists are probably the most
useful way of making access available to users. If any new members would
like to add their views I would welcome any other comments.

On another aspect of access, how are members organizing access to
individual titles? I often find it quicker to to arrange access
personally with an individual publisher, rather than work through
subscription agents. From the experience I've had so far, it seems to
take around a month to get access through subscription agents, whereas
phoning or e-mailing a publisher myself takes a good deal less time. On
the other hand there are advantages to using subscription agents
services - for example I could use EBSCO online to access a large
proportion of our e-journals. EBSCO would organize access and  users
would benefit from using one piece of software to see many journals. It
would make the whole process clearer and easier.

Any thoughts or views?

Melvin
--
Melvin Morbey
E-Journals Co-ordinator/Liaison Librarian for AMS and PRIS

Tel : (internal) 8779
Tel : (external) 0118 9318779
Fax : 0118 9316636
E-mail : [log in to unmask]