Sandra,

To initially register as a chartership candidate there is no fee.  To submit
an application (i.e. a PDR, Portfolio or Proforma) costs £44.  The fee to
officially register as an ALA and receive a certificate is £16.  Both these
fees change annually, although not by much - they have only gone up by a
pound each on last year's figures.

Hope this helps.

Isabelle Robinson
Professional Qualifications Dept.