Dear all,

Please could you e.mail me <[log in to unmask]>  to state whether you
wish to remain on the mailing list or to be removed from it......

You may like to visit our fledling website on
<http//:irnes.webjump.com>
Meanwhile, here is notice of two upcoming events in the IRNES
calendar:

Monday & Tuesday 6-7 th December 1999 at the Open University, Milton
Keynes from
10.30 am.

-----------------------------------
10.30 Monday 6 Dec :  Session on Environmental History

Meredith Veldman,  Doing Environmental History research and its
consequences

Kathy Stearne, FRCA & Wye College, Doing Environmental History
research: Interviews on watermeadow management in Wilts and Hants

Olga Bridges, University ofSurrey,  Environmental Health Trends: What
Have We Learnt >From History?

Damien White, University of Essex, Social Ecology as Historical (Eco)
Social Theory ------------------------
3pm Open session: For short
presentations on research in progress - any topic welcome

------------------------
10 Tuesday 7 Dec : Eco-Design in the UK

Steve Potter, Open University, Transport
Tracy  Bhamra, Cranfield University,  Tools
Mark Smith,  Open University, Small Businesses

------------------------

We would welcome further presentations for any of these sessions, so
please let me know if you could give a talk.

If you would like to stay overnight, accomodation has been arranged at
Bradwell Youth Hostel, Milton Keynes for Sunday and Monday nights.

Please let Horace Herring know if you can attend, and pass this
message to any one who may be interested in attending. If you want to
know more about IRNES (Interdisciplinary  Research Network on
Environment and Society) see our web page http://irnes.webjump.com/
[tel 01908 653335]

Also, there will be seminar at the end of February next year at
Imperial college on the topic of Factor 4+ and Environmental
futures... Contact Andy Dixon or Tim Foxon ([log in to unmask]).

Andy Dixon
Urban Water Research Group
Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
London
UK
SW7 2BU
00 44 171 5946020