	While in China recently, I noticed that while the Chinese drive on the
right (usually!), Hong Kong retains its British tradition of the
left-hand-side. Macao, though Protuguese, also drives on the left, and
presumably will continue to do so after Dec 20th.
	Are there any other countries that have parts that drive on each side of
the road? Do any such examples include a land connection, like the HK/Chnia
and Macao/China borders, or are they islands or overseas colonies:
Macao is left, but Portugal right. East Timor was presumably the left too
(it is now as part of Indonesia). How about other Portuguese colonies: Goa
(presumably left, being embedded in India), Angola, Mozambique? Why the
difference from the motherland?
	Similarly Indonesia is on the left but the Netherlands was and is on the
right. Why the difference?
 	Cyprus and the British bases there are presumably on the left. Have the
Turkish Republicans of Northern Cyprus changed the side to the right
(presuming Turkey is a right country?)
	how about US military bases in the UK?

	Does anyone have a list of countries/territories that do drive on the left?

	I noticed HK trains also run on the left, but didn't notice whether
Chinese trains did, though the Beijing, Canton and Tianjin subways are on
the right. Very few vehicles seem to cross the HK border, compared to the
number of pedestrians. Even vehicles need to have special licences to go
fomr the main part of China to Shenzen (as we found when trying to get form
Canton to the HK border). Presumably this is the  case with Zhuhai next ot
Macao too?

Brendan Whyte
University of Melbourne