Dear All,

I am looking at using ground probing radar on a petrol station site, in
part to locate tanks etc. but also with a view to possibly assessing  the
presence or degree of hydrocarbon contamination that may be present .

I came across a paper  "New advances in hydrocarbon detection using ground
penetrating radar" in "Proceedings of the 5th international Conference on
Polluted and Marginal Land 98".
This described how GPR could be used to do this.  I have been unable to
track down the authors who prepared the report. or their firm "Technos Ltd"
which was based in Shrewsbury UK.

Can anyone tell who else may do this kind of work and what success they
have had?

Regards

Ken Read.