 MUSEUM  INFORMATION ASSISTANT

Salary: £10,503 - £13,689________________________

An opportunity has arisen at the London Transport Museum for a
Museum Information Assistant.

You will need plenty of energy and must enjoy working with a wide
range of visitors in a busy environment.  You should be committed to,
and enthusiastic about, museums or public attractions and you will view
safety, security and visitor care as highly important.  The museum is
open 7 days per week and you will work some rostered weekends and
Bank Holidays.

As a Museum Information Assistant you will join a team which is
responsible for the day-to-day operation of our schools* Visits Service,
Children*s activities, some special events and staffing the Resource
Centre, the Museum*s Front of House information service.  You will be
required to assist with school bookings and activities so it is essential
that you have previous experience in working with children or an ability
to demonstrate the potential to do this successfully.  You will also be
expected to provide visitors with information about our museum and,
although we do not expect you to come with detailed background
knowledge, you should demonstrate an interest in Museums as places
for learning.

The postholder will be a proven team player, a good communicator with
the confidence to deal with a wide range of situations, and be of smart
appearance.

Friends and family should feel free to apply.

An application pack, including job description and application form is
available by calling
0171 379 6344 extension 329.
Please quote clearly the reference number.

ClosingDate  15 December 1999_______________________
ARN 2562

Sophie Perkins
London Transport Museum
39 Wellington Street
Covent Garden
London WC2E 7BB

Tel: +44-(0)171-379-6344
Fax: +44-(0)171-565-7254
Email: [log in to unmask]
Home Page: http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk

This message has been checked for all known viruses including Melissa.W
by the Star Screening System
http://academy.star.co.uk/public/virustats.htm