Chris, you may very well know when you require a signer and indeed the two students concerned
may also require a signer - we don't know the situation.  However, signers are an expensive
option and not easy to secure on a weekly/daily basis to support students varied time-table
requirements. This is why students are often directed to alternatives.  Just because a student
asks for something it does not mean they should have it.

Bryan Jones
Equal Opportunities Adviser
London Guildhall University