The message <[log in to unmask]>
  from  Amanda Shaw <[log in to unmask]> contains these words:

> Hi,
> It may seem obvious but I'm going to ask the question anyway:
>
> Can anyone tell be whether the DSA is available to students doing a PGCE.
> Strictly speaking this is PostGrad so I wouldn't have thought (at the
> moment anyway) that students would be able to access the DSA, but one of my
> PGCE ers seems to think otherwise. She tells me that LEA's consider it as
> 'equivelent to the 4th year of an undergraduate course'. I don't have a
> problem with this if this is so, but can anyone give me a definitive answer?

> Many thanks

> Amanda Shaw
> Disabled Students'Adviser (Dyslexia)
> Brunel University, UK

A PGCE is regarded as part of a first degree. as far as the LEAs I
deal with are concerned.  I normally include it in the initial study
period but have done a few PGCE stage initial DSA claims.   LEAs are
more likely to mutter about Computer Loans for PGCE applications.

Stephen lancaster