>I am trying to sort out what consideration  should be given to students who
>have dyslexia with regard to coursework assignements.  We have tried
>allocating extra time but this does not seem very satisfactory.  I
>appreciate each student and course is different but would welcome some
>general guidelines.

We have also decided that extensions are usually inappropriate for Open
Assessments:
they are hard to quantify;
they often don't actually help;
they lead to piling up of assessments.

It's more a matter of (even more critical) time management - and we do
offer tuition on that topic to dyslexic students.
Dr Alistair Edwards, University Adviser on Disability
Department of Computer Science, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD
phone: 01904 432637, fax: 01904 432767
email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~alistair/disability/AoD.html
Secretary: Chris Linfoot, [log in to unmask], phone: 01904 432637