Charles,

Are you suggesting that each of our suppliers must be DPA registered for our
data?  (I'm thinking here primarily of suppliers of software systems for
student records, finance, personnel, library, etc.)  More and more systems
seem to be supported by remote access (dial-up or otherwise) so this is a
very important issue.  On the face of it, it seems most unlikely that they
would all be so registered and the implications alarm me somewhat.  Is the
responsibility to ensure that they are registered ours or theirs (or both)?
Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Regards,

Anne Lincoln
Research Assistant - Digital Art & Design Research
Kent Institute of Art & Design
Oakwood Park, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8AG
(01622) 757286
mailto:[log in to unmask]