Billy wrote:
>It just seems to me that this piece has something of the quality of a fast
moving breeze: moving rapidly over >the surface of things, disturbing
everything, and then gone. It's an impressive piece_when your reading it_,
>and then it's gone, leaving no trace. At least, that's my experience of it.

OK Paradise Lost it ain't!!
I think you put your finger on what people have found attractive, the speed
& evanescence. It fits your category of_process_ poetry exactly, which was
implied by Keston's 'intimations of ideas'. If it stopped after 'knife' it
would have been the perfect coffee bar poem of 1960, dated. 'Higher' claims
wd focus on the last eight lines. But your comment reminds me of how Eric
Dolphy (sorry Peter!) described the condition of music 'music,... on the air
.. (i can't remember exactly but 'leaving no trace') & he spoke in tones of
wonder.

Best,
John