Hello David,

I don't know what is going on anymore. All this business with fancytalk,
balderdash and weasel words --we are back to woodlice here. I remember that
it all started because Peter was upset about a review, and said he didn't
like it because it was moneyed --then Keston defended the review and
questioned this notion of moneyed, I wrote several things, which as per
usual are all too conveniently ignored. Harold wrote something too --Keston
thought that Campo and LangPo (the Gilbert & Sullivan characters) were
different. I wrote a satire on that. Polishing poetry. I don't know --it is
a bit like the British and food --if it doesn't move, pour gravy on it. Here
it is stones. Stones and geology. Ah the hairline contusions in rocks and
stones. I
 did not think much about both quotes --they seemed to be in the bauble
school of writing --the baroques. And David you asked if  I was upping the
ante. Of course --but they are running scared. I think the review was in all
probability better than the samples of poetry I have seen, but perhaps I am
in the minority here. Below its just a bunch of guys playing with their
rocks --like Edith Sitwell and Amy Lowell.

The first few lines of Prynne's 'Red D Gypsum':

  Now trek inter-plate reversion to earth buy out
  as waters buried or get carrier up ready put
  across gypsum branch effaced, as root planed...

The first few lines of Coolidge's 'The Tab':

  mica flask moves layout hasty
  bunkum geode olive loin candle
  mines repeating sky hot dregs, in cast...

Or the beginning of McCaffery's 'Little Hans':
  Each sockeye of adulterous claim
  The prawns which is, which cannot be
  In I, like others, surds the name
  Enamel sedge antinomy.