Dear Pauline Greenhill,

Would a part case-study, part reflective evaluation of a) the
international folk festival of Pécs, Hungary (last night saw the end of
the tenth) and the folk-dance movement in general in Hungary "As seen
through the eyes of an Englishman..." who is now in his twentieth year
in Hungary, and also a founder member of the Pécs Festival.

The paper would include the fact that we were officially banned from
using the word, "Festival", for small-p folk-political reasons, because
it implied that something of a competitive nature involving formal
ranking of quality was going on - which ours didn't and doesn't. It
would also compare the British folk song club and Hungarian "Dance
House" phenomena, and how, over twenty years, the respective club-goers
have changed in character and/or age.

I should be very happy to submit such a paper if you felyt it would be
relevant to your journal.

Yours,

Andy Rouse
Dept. of English Literatures and Cultures,
Janus Pannonius University
Pécs
Hungary