November 1, 1999

Dear Friend of Sandy Ives:

The Maine Folklife Center and the University of Maine Press are
co-publishing a book of essays in honor of Edward D. Sandy Ives,
entitled: Northeast Folklore: Essays in Honor of Edward D. Ives, ed. by
Pauleena MacDougall and David Taylor. A mock-up will be presented to
him at the annual meeting of the American Folklore Society in
October,while the final version will be available for purchase early in
2000.  We are offering you an opportunity to make a contribution of
$40.00 which will entitle you to be listed in the Tabula Gratulatoria
and to receive an advanced copy of the book.  Your donation will also
help to offset the costs of printing the book. We have attached a copy
of the table of contents for your information.

We would like to have your contribution by the end of November when the
book will go to press.  Thank you.

I would like to be listed in the TABULA GRATULATORIA as follows:

I have enclosed my contribution of _____________________________.

Method of payment:

o  Check or money order
o  Visa   o Mastercard
Signature____________________________________

Card #__________________________    Expiration date______________

I understand that a minimum contribution of $40.00 (US funds) entitles
me to a copy of the book and listing in the TABULA GRATULATORA.

Please send my receipt and copy of the book to me at the following
address:

NAME____________________________

ADDRESS________________________

_________________________________
please make checks payable to UNIVERSITY OF MAINE,  	RETURN FORM WITH
PAYMENT TO:   MAINE FOLKLIFE CENTER  5773 SO. STEVENS HALL
 		 UNIVERSITY OF MAINE	ORONO, ME 04469-5773.
Northeast Folklore:  Essays in Honor of Edward D. Ives  ed. by Pauleena
MacDougall and David Taylor with the assistance of Elizabeth Hedler

Edward Dawson Ives: Folklorist, Biographer, Professor: A Biographical
Sketch.
By Pauleena MacDougall

The Works of Edward D. Ives. compiled by David Taylor and Stephen
Green.

George Carey, Its home I want to be: Joanna Colcords Maritime
Legacy.

Burt Feintuch  A Week on the Ceilidh Trail.

Archie Green, Birds of a Feather, Gorbeys and Petrels.

Ron Labelle and Margaret Steiner, The French Irishman as Cultural
Broker: An Acadian at the Miramichi Folksong Festival.

Ronald Caplan "The Lost MacKinnon Boy," Narrative Obituary Verse.

Pauleena MacDougall, William Cavallini:  A Rumrunners Tale.

Thomas McKean, Satire and the exchange of song in an Isle of Skye
community.

Richard MacKinnon, Humorous Nicknames in Industrial Cape Breton
Island.

Sheldon Posen, Coaxing.

Jo Radner, Performing the Paper: Handwritten Newspapers and Village
Life in Postbellum Maine.

Neil V. Rosenberg, The Springhill Mine Disaster Songs: Class, Memory,
and Persistence in Canadian Folksong.

Michael Taft, Another Tradition: Local Sheet Music Composistion in the
Maritimes, 1896 to 1925.

Jeff Todd Titon, Albert Collins: Poet of South Blue Hill, Maine with a
selection from his poetry.

David Taylor Learning the Rules: Elements of Traditional Designing
Practiced by Boatbuilders of Trinity Bay, Newfoundland.

Peggy Yocum, Exuberance in Control: Dialogic Discourse in the
Repertoire of Wood Carver and Storyteller William Richard.

Peggy Yocum and Jeep Wilcox, Just call me Sandy, son: Poet Jeep
Wilcoxs tribute to Sandy Ives.

O. Willwood, The Lost Recording of Dunny Hooper: Ramblings of a
Centenarian Logger.

Please excuse any cross-postings.  We're trying not to leave anybody
out.
Regards,

Pauleena MacDougall
5773 So. Stevens Hall