At 11:43 PM 3/4/99 +0000, you wrote:
>	Dear friends,
>
>	I'm looking for books or articles about the interest of the
>Romantics in Oral/Popular Literature, particularly popular ballads. I'd be
>most grateful for your help.
>	J. J. Dias Marques

The following are in addition to Hustvedt's book on 18th century ballad
scholarship and Friedman's The Great Ballad Revival, which you probably
have already.  Also, Scottish literary historians are currently
re-evaluating Walter Scott, James Hogg, et al, so there is undoubtedly some
very recent work on the topic from a Scottish perspective.

Mary Ellen Brown.  Burns and Tradition.  Urbana; Chicago: University of
Illinois Press, 1984.

Jacobsen, Per Schelde, and Barbara Fass Leavy.  Ibsen's Forsaken Merman:
Folklore in the Late Plays.  New York : New York University Press, 1988.
[Not sure if Ibsen is counted among the Romantics, but he was certainly
influenced by them at a young age (he in fact collected ballads at one
point), and this study, a collaboration between an anthropologist and a
literary scholar, argues that the influence didn't entirely wear off.]

George Deacon.  John Clare and the Folk Tradition.  London: S. Browne, 1983.

Tom Cheesman.  The Shocking Ballad Picture Show: German Popular Literature
and Cultural History.  Oxford, U.K.; Providence, R.I.: Berg Publishers, 1994.

If I can think of anything else, I'll send it along.

All the best,
Jamie