     We are attempting to draw up a procedure for transferring semi-current
     papers from HM Coroner, stored by us as 'Records Management', to an
     archival accession of public records.

     The Coroners have no difficulty with the idea that the records can and
     must be weeded after 15 years (we receive them at about 5 years old)
     but the complete process has never been formally carried through here
     before. Can anyone offer any suggestions or give an example of a
     policy already in place for
     a) weeding
     b) formal change of status: semi-current RM - public records
     for sudden death and inquest papers, and correspondence?

     Would be very grateful indeed for ideas!

     Liz Whittingham
     County Council Records
     Cambridgeshire Archives Service

     e-mail: [log in to unmask]