Building a team for the future

OXFORD	£Market rate + benefits

British Biotech is a research and development based pharmaceutical company
listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its strategy is to build a sustainable
business by identifying innovative compounds and developing a broad
portfolio of products while seeking partnerships to exploit them
commercially.

We are now looking for the following people to join our Biometrics
Department:

Statistician

You will be involved in protocol design and review, from sample sizing and
designing statistical analysis plans through to analysing and reporting the
data. Supporting both the UK and US clinical operations, you'll be involved
in a variety of clinical study phases and therapeutic areas. In addition,
you will provide pre-clinical statistical support for our chemists and
biologists. Qualified to at least degree level in a statistics based
discipline you will ideally have some relevant experience in the
pharmaceutical industry. Familiarity with SAS would support your
application. Ref: BB9043.

SAS Programmer

You will develop generic reporting and review SAS software for use by
statisticians, data monitors and clinical staff. It is essential that you
have knowledge of SAS modules BASE and MACRO - and, ideally, of other
modules, although we will provide full training. In this key role you will
be working closely with other staff on formats for data presentations, and
will provide SAS guidance, training and a support service to other
biometricians. Ref: BB9122.

Our facilities include state-of-the-art laboratories and modern offices plus
a subsidised restaurant. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package,
including 26 days' holiday, company pension, life assurance and private
health care. We also offer a lively sports and social programme.

To apply, please send your full CV, quoting the appropriate reference, to:
The Human Resources Department, British Biotech, Watlington Road, Oxford 0X4
5LY.

Closing date: 4th January 2000.

British Biotech is an equal opportunities employer and has a no-smoking
policy.