The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine

MSc Course in Medical Statistics - MRC Studentships Available

Do you have a good first degree in science, mathematics, statistics or
medicine? Do you have a good working knowledge of practical
mathematics? Do you want a career in medical research with excellent
job prospects?

Then consider becoming a medical statistician, a profession with a
serious world-wide shortage of well-qualified people, both in the
public sector (e.g. universities) and private sector (e.g.
pharmaceutical companies).

Our one-year MSc course is the most applied and vocational of all
Statistics MScs.  The teaching is excellent, students work hard and
they have fun.  Also, we have a bumper crop of at least 9 studentships
available this year - including 6 from the MRC.

For informal information about the course, contact Dr Diana Elbourne
(Admissions Tutor), as soon as possible on: Tel: 0171 927 2376.
email:  [log in to unmask]   For written details and an
application form, contact: The Deputy Registrar, quoting ref: RSS1.
Tel: 0171 927 2239, fax:  0171 323 0638, email: [log in to unmask],
Internet: http://www.lshtm.ac.uk

PhD studentships also available.  For details email: