There seemed to be a bug in excel97 on some machines which is maybe worth keeping an
eye out for.   Generating 250,000 random normal(0,1) numbers produced The occasional
value of 5,000,000, next largest value was about 4.  I can't remember the exact
details, I could dig them out if anyone is interested.

Frances Provan
Edinburgh University Computing Services