Dear all, please excuse this humble query by a statistically and
otherwise insignificant researcher:

I'm would like to compare slope and intercept parameters from linear
regression analysis between four different groups.  I thought about
producing distributions for these 2 parameters by bootstrapping, and
then comparing the distributions by KS.

My problem is:  one of the groups has much more data points
at one end of scale than on the other, and due to the randomness of
the resampling process this end is 'overrepresented'.

Would it be o.k. to randomly exclude points at one end of the scale,
just in order to equalise the density of points along the regression
line, or would that be similar to data cooking?

Paul H Artes, BSc(Hons.) MCOptom
Research Optometrist,
University Department of Ophthalmology
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital