Dear all (please reply to sender, [log in to unmask])

I wonder whether somebody can help me. I have estimated a cut point
corresponding to a point where sensitivity is equal to specificity
for a specific test in a number of study populations.

Thus the waist measurement for optimum prediction of diabetes is 84cm
in group A (n=300), 89cm group B (n=350), 94cm in group C (n=375),
etc.

I am trying to confirm that this measurment behaves differently in
these different populations. That is that I want the difference in
cut-point between groups A and B and C to be significant.

Ways to do this would be to:

1. Formally test the differnces in cut-point between the groups.
2. Generate 95% confidence intervals for the cut-points.

I thought about
1. translating the cutpoint into a centile
2. calculating the 95%ile for that cut-point

However, my thoughts get a little fuzzy and I cannot get my mind
around how to do this...

Sorry. Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Cheers

Terry
Dr Terry Aspray
Department of Medicine
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE2 4HH
tel +44 (0)191 222 5407
pager +44 (0)4325 241613
Sheila Patel,
Research Associate,
Department of Epidemiology & Public Health
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Wellcome Research Laboratories
Royal Victoria Infirmary
Newcastle upon Tyne