Up until now, statistical support in GKT School of Medicine (formerly UMDS)
has been largely covered by a single grant.  The has been no charge for the
individual projects.  In future, this may have to change.

I would appreciate any advice on how to charge for statistical advice.
How do you approach it within your institution?  One approach is to
expect the cost of statistical advice to be written into any grant proposals.
Is this workable?  Is 3% of the total figure reasonable?  More? Less?
If not, how can the rates be set?  By size of project (number of subjects,
number of repeat measurements)? Should we be charging by the hour?
Any other ideas?

TIA,
Paul T Seed       ([log in to unmask])
Department of Public Health Sciences,
Guy's Kings and St. Thomas' School of Medicine,
King's College London,

5th Floor, Capital House 42 Weston Street, London SE1 3QD
tel (44) (0) 171 955 5000 x 6223
fax (44) (0) 171 955 4877

Tuesdays only:
Public Health Medicine, 11th Floor, North Wing,
St Thomas' Hospital, London SE1 7EH
tel (44) (0)171 928 9292 x 1511

"The line between good and evil passes not between one country
and another, nor between one political system and another, nor
yet between one faith and another - but it passes through the
middle of every individual."
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn (attr.)