it is worth considering jmp-in as addition to excel
cost 30 sterling, $50
availability PC, Mac

it performs repeated measures for up to 2 factors, including G-G & H-F
corrections.  it will also include any number of between factors and give
cell mean plots and means without the need for further commands or
procedures (see if SPSS can do that!)

Sall, J., & Lehman, A. (1996). JMP Start statistics. London: Duxbury.
available from bookshops

PS.  i'd be interested in hearing from other users of jmp-in, particularly
anyone who uses it for teaching

diana kornbrot

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Sara do you not have access to SAS .... quite easy to import
> Excel files into SAS using the dde link program ... I would be
> more confident of the results from SAS than from Excel ...
>
> Trevor
>

> _________________
> Trevor McMullan
> Statistician
> Quintiles Toxicology Pathology Services
>  Tel:     +44 (0)1531 634121
>  Fax:     +44 (0)1531 634753
>  email:   [log in to unmask]
>

> Sara Pearson <[log in to unmask]> on 08/04/99 17:24:01
>
> Please respond to Sara Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
>

>  To:      "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>  cc:      (bcc: Trevor CA McMullan/QLED/Quintiles)
>

>  Subject: Query:  repeated measures anova using Excel
>

> Dear list members:
> Does anyone know how to make Excel perform a two-way mixed ANOVA (one
> between subjects factor [medication delivery system] and one repeated
> factor [pain measurements on days 1 through 5])?  To add to the problems
> Excel is giving me (or that I am giving it), I have unequal Ns.  Any
> Thanks,
> Sara Pearson, Ph.D.
> Orthopaedic Research of Virginia

        Dr. Diana Kornbrot
        Reader in Mathematical Psychology
        Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Health & Human Sciences
        University of Hertfordshire
        College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
voice:  +44 0170 728 4626       fax:    +44 0170 728 5073
email:  [log in to unmask]
web:	http://phoenix.herts.ac.uk/pub/D.E.Kornbrot/hmpage.html