Happy New Year everyone.

I know this is probably not a good time to ask as we are all so busy... still.  I would appreciate any comments from colleagues regarding the implementation of the new award regs, the effects on your department etc.  Please respond to my email address: [log in to unmask]    and if others would like a summary I will compile responses and post out via the mailbase anonymising the institutions.

Thanking you in advance:

Q1:  Does the Student Registration office input sponsor and HESA data and issue invoices?
 (we deal with all aspects of student registration, hesa data, sponsor info and issue invoices to full and part time students)

Q2: If so, were the departments given any extra staff to cope with invoicing in view of the new student award regulations?
(We were given one full time member of staff from mid November to Xmas with no previous experience)

Q3:  Are you generally on target workwise for this time of year?
(We are at least one month behind)

Q4:  Approximately how many staff work within the Student Registration office?
(There are 6 full time staff and one member working 25 hrs, also covering the students loans overflow and hardship fund)

I apologise if the questions seem a bit personal to institutions and quite understand if colleagues feel unable to respond.  For the record the brackets contain what would be my response.

Kathy Antoszkiw
Assistant Registrar (Student Records & Registration)
University of Huddersfield
01484 472772
email: [log in to unmask]