Only those students spending a full year abroad on ERASMUS exchange schemes
will not have to pay fees. Presumably LEAs will not know students are
abroad on such schemes unless we, the institutions, tell them.

Eleanor Martin

At 12:36 19/11/99 GMT, you wrote:
>We were working on the understanding that students on an
>exchange year abroad were not to be invoiced because allowances
>had been made in the HEFC(E) grant.
>
>On some Fee Payment Schedules from LEAs, our year abroad
>students are appearing with an LEA fee contribution of £510 which
>we were not expecting to charge.
>
>Are the HEFC(E) allowances only meant to be for students funded
>under the new arrangements or are the LEAs interpretting the
>changes differently?
>
>Advice would be welcome.
>
>Karen
>

>==============================
>Karen Osterburg
>Systems Manager
>Admissions and Student Records
>The Academic Office
>The University of Birmingham
>Edgbaston
>Birmingham
>B15 2TT
>
>0121-414-3646
>Fax: 0121-414-7926

Eleanor Martin, Assistant Registrar, Academic Division,
UEA.
Tel. 01603 592205