Roger

I have an example, but a pretty esoteric one  -  i.e. a LEA advising a
graduate applicant for a second First Degree that they would only have to
pay a tuition fee of around £1,000, rather than a full-cost fee (or
whatever the College chooses to charge).  Would you like details?  We have
in fact followed it up with the LEA who put in black and whit that we can
charge what we like.

Paul

At 16:25 12/03/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Colleagues
>
>There have been several occasions recently when I have been alerted to
>problems with the student support arrangements, and have offered to take up
>the issue with the DfEE, the LEAs or the SLC.  However, I am finding this
>difficult or impossible to do if I do not have firmly documented examples of
>whatever is going wrong.  In many cases the problem relates to a particular
>LEA (or indeed a particular institution) having got the wrong end of a
>stick, rather than there being a wider problem.
>
>Could I urge you therefore, when an issue surfaces which looks as though it
>might need to be folowed up, to get details such as name of applicant or
>student, name of LEA, relevant dates etc, so that the source of the problem
>can be pinned down.
>
>Roger Clark
>Academic Registrar
>University of Reading