The DfEE has confirmed that AS1 returns are NOT required in respect of
second year continuing students. BURY are quite wrong to insist.  Some LEAs
have had problems because they have tried to run both old award and
new-style students on the same software, and say that their systems cannot
distinguish between the two.  In the last resort tell Bury to talk to DfEE
Student Support Division 2.

Roger Clark
Academic Registrar
University of Reading