Fiona

Here at York we will be having six ceremonies this year, three each on
Thursday 8 and Friday 9 July. We have around 300/350 graduands per
ceremony and they are asked to consult seating plans on the day of the
ceremony and to make a note of their seat number. Stewards then check
that everyone is where they should be in the Hall and notify presenters
of any absences. We are considering changing this, however, and may move
to issuing graduands with seating tickets along with their guest tickets
etc which they receive a couple of weeks before the ceremony.

We do not make a charge for graduation. Programmes etc are free of
charge. Degree Day lunch may be purchased along with champagne and
strawberries, afternoon tea etc.

Hope this is helpful. Linda (Salford), you would be welcome to come and
observe one of our ceremonies.

Rosie
Rosie Dhesi,
Assistant Registrar,