At Salford we will have 15 ceremonies in the Summer and 3 ceremonies
in the Winter. There are about 300 at each event. The students are
allocated their seat number on the day at registration, the guest
tickets are sent out the week before. Presenters of graduands are
sent a list of expected attenders prior to the ceremony and are given
a copy of the brochure with those not present crossed out before the
ceremony starts. The students are checked to make sure they have a
seat number on their arrival in the Hall and checked again later to
make sure they are in the correct seat.
We do not charge for graduation at the moment, however, if people
require refreshments then there is a charge.
Incidentally, I would be very interested in visiting other
institutions ceremonies, providing of course they did not clash with
ours. I know a colleague in Lancaster would also be interested. Any
offers? You would of course be welcome to visit us here at Salford.
Linda Jackson
Assistant Registrar
Student/Institutional Services