At Heriot-Watt we have recently introduced a degree of EngD.

We currently award the Doctor of Engineering by published
work and as an honorary degree. With the introduction of
the degree of EngD there is concern that three degrees
awarded with the same title might lead to confusion.

If you have encountered such problems, I should be
grateful if you would indicate how you have overcome them.

I understand that the EngD is offered at Warwick, Cardiff,
Surrey, Brunel, Cranfield, UMIST, Southampton and
University College London.

Thank you.

Stewart Smith

--