Following on from Dennis Barrington-Light's query yesterday about charges
for replacement certificates/transcripts, I'd like to ask a quick
supplementary.

The University of Wales is actively looking at introducing a charge for
replacement degree and diploma certificates only (transcripts are produced
by our Institutions). Our Finance Department has suggested that rather than
simply requesting a statement from students that the original copy has been
lost/stolen as we do at present, that we should require a sworn declaration
before a Magistrate or Commissioner for Oaths, in compliance with the
provisions of the 'Statutory Declaration Act 1835'.  I understand that this
is in accordance with the University of London requirements.

Please could you let me know if your University requires such a declaration?

I would be grateful if you could reply to me direct ([log in to unmask])
and I will post a summary to the list, if there is any demand for one.

Thank you.

Mrs E R Nugent
Assistant Secretary
University of Wales Registry
King Edward VII Avenue
Cathays Park
CARDIFF                 Tel:(029) 20786254
CF10 3NS                Fax:(029) 20786259