I cannot think of a single instance over the last eight
years in which we have made loans from the Access Fund:
partly because of the extra hassle involved in recording
and chasing them. There are occasionally circumstances
(e.g. late arrival of a grant cheque) in which a loan,
rather than an outright award, is appropriate, and in these
rare cases we would make a short-term loan from the Fees
Office. This would be recorded as a "debt to the
University", and would be chased automatically along with
other such debts (e.g. parking, library, TF debts). A
student with such an unpaid loan could not be awarded a
degree.

Robert Green

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:06:05 +0000 [log in to unmask]
wrote:

>  ----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: (Fwd) ACCESS FUNDS
> Date: Friday 29 January 1999 11:03
>
> Please can anyone help re following message from our Access Fund
> Administrator.
> Thanks
>

>  ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
> From:          Ann-Marie Swan <[log in to unmask]>

> To:            [log in to unmask]
> Date:          Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:17:17 +0000
> Subject:       ACCESS FUNDS
>

> Liz
>

> Can you find out via the NASMA mailbase
>

> *     If any colleges / universities give Access Fund Loans?
>

> *     How long they give these loans for?
>

> *     How do they decide who should get a loan and who should get a
>       award / gift?
>

> *    Do they chase students who default on these loans or do
>      the just write them of as a gift after a period of time?
>

> I am just thinking if this is a viable way of using our funds and I
> am keen to know if other colleges / universities give loans.
>

> Cheers
>

> Annie
> Ms. Ann-Marie Swan
> Student Financial Advisor