Mark

> I'm sure I should know this but could someone please confirm (once and for
> all) that LEAs are not expecting AS1/AS2 this summer for any type of
> continuing student, whether they started their course pre September 1998 or
> not?

We will be required to do a similar return to the Student Loans Company

> We have also continued to notify LEAs of withdrawals and suspension of
> studies, should we continue this from 1999 at least for the pre 1998 intake?

>From September 1999 (and in practical terms probably from the point when
the above return is sent) we will be required to notify the SLC rather
than the LEAs

> With regard to Loans, I'm assuming that universities will certify all
> renewals, again I haven't seen anything which clarifies the situation?

Old award renewals will be certified by universities for the rest of their
course. New award students (ie most of the 1998 intake) will have to apply
to their LEA to have their eligibility checked, and to have their
fee contribution and loan entitlement calculated.

Roger Clark
Academic Registrar
University of Reading