The next meeting of the group set up by the DfEE to monitor this
year's student support arrangements is due to take place in the next
couple of weeks.  If anyone has anything they would like me to feed
back, please let me know.  This might include:

how various organisations have performed, eg LEAs, SAAS, DENI, SLC,
and whether there are any outstanding problems
how institutions have coped and whether there is anything the DfEE
(or others) can do to relieve the situation
any lessons learnt this year that should be taken into account for
1999/2000

You should already have seen my written response about Hardship Funds
so further comment is not needed on that particular aspect unless you
think I have missed something or you disagree with the line I have
taken.

I can't promise what response I'll get from the meeting but I'm happy
to report any issues that colleagues might have.

Pam

Pamela Bell-Ashe
University of Liverpool

Chair
Association of Managers of Student Services in Higher Education

Tel:  0151 794 2243
Fax:  0151 794 2249
e-mail: [log in to unmask]